Glazed Blueberry Biscuit
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, scooped and leveled
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder, leveled
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tablespoons, frozen, unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh or dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 450
- In a large bowl add flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder and whisk together.
- Grate 5 tablespoons of frozen butter into the bowl with the dry ingredients (you can also chop up the butter into small pieces)
- Toss the butter around In the bowl with your spatula to coat it.
- Add in your milk and mix until almost fully incorporated
- Add in the blueberries and then fold everything together, do not over mix.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead the dough if necessary (there should not be crumbly bits, it should be one dough).
- Flour the top and roll out the biscuit dough to about 1/8-1/4 thickness
- Cut the biscuits out.
- Fold any excess dough to bring it together and then roll it out and repeat the process.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter immediately after baking.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing all the ingredients (and any leftover butter from brushing on the biscuits).
- Spoon over the top of the biscuits.
- Let rest or serve immediately