Juneteenth was created to celebrate and recognize the emancipation of enslaved people within the United States. On June 19, 1865, news of the end of the Civil War reached Galveston, Texas along with news that slavery had been abolished. The first Juneteenth celebration was held in Galveston, Texas on June 19, 1866, to commemorate the day. It is also called Jubilee Day or Emancipation Day. On June 17, 2021, Juneteenth was declared a Federal Holiday.
These are the Juneteenth events we found in Polk County or in close proximity. Click on the name to see the full details for each event.
- 1st Annual Juneteeth Celebration in Haines City
Join the City of Hines City on Friday night for an evening of arts & elegance.
- Juneteenth Parade and Celebration in Haines City
The parade staging will be held at Trinity Church
- Kissimmee Juneteenth Festival
Head over for a day of celebrating community, culture, and unity
- Inaugural Juneteenth Celebration in Winter Haven
Celebrate African American history and culture through an uplifting festival of education, music, and more
- City of Groveland’s Juneteenth Celebration
The event is going to be focused on educating the community, empowerment, and unity
- 29th Annual Juneteenth Observance in Lakeland Fl
Join Lakeland Juneteenth and Doris Moore-Bailey at the Coleman-Bush Building for Lakeland’s 29th Annual Juneteenth Observance!
- Myers & Wiley Field Family Fun Day
Celebrate Juneteenth at Wiley Field.
- Lo-Fi Festival and Fundraiser in Lake Wales
A celebration of artists of color and fundraiser to bring Today’s Future Sound to the Lake Wales area