I came across a beautiful dried orange garland online and I knew I needed to make one. It is fairly simple to make but it does require some patience.
- Oranges ( I used 3 navel, 3 cuties, and 1 juicing orange)
- baking sheets
- parchment paper
- large needle
- Wooden beads or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Slice oranges thinly – you need to make them thick enough to hold up to the twine
- Bake oranges for 1.5 to 2 hours. I checked on them every 25 minutes to make sure they didn’t burn. The thinner the oranges the quicker they burn!
- Remove from oven and let them cool. I let them cool overnight
- String them up using a needle and twine. You can use wooden beads or cranberries as spacers
- Thinner slices brown quicker. Try to keep a uniform thickness.
- Rotate the oranges every time you check them to ensure they dry evenly.