Although it may feel like summer has just begun, back to school is right around the corner! Whether your little one is heading to a half day of daycare or a full day of school and extracurriculars, they’ll need a bag to schlep their things back and forth. We’ve rounded up six great backpacks for the kids, from fun carryalls to sturdy book bags, that are sure to get the job done.
- The Skiphop Zoo Backpack is both fun and functional for your toddler to wear to daycare, school, or on a trip! The easy-to-use zippers are perfect for little fingers to help fill the main compartment and front pocket with everything they’ll need for the day, and the mesh side pocket adjusts so their water bottle is always handy. With nine designs and three sizes to choose from, your little one is sure to find one they love to carry around!
State’s Kane Kids Mini Travel Backpack
- This minimalist backpack comes in several chic colors and designs, and easily fits an 11” laptop, an iPad, and your everyday essentials. The soft padded straps quickly adjust to fit your little one and keep them comfortable. Can’t get enough? There are matching lunch boxes and suitcases that are designed to fit with the backpack exactly!
Pottery Barn Kids’ Mackenzie Navy Solar System Glow-in-the-Dark Backpacks
- The Mackenzie Backpack from Pottery Barn Kids is a best seller for a reason! They are durable and functional with tons of pockets and straps to keep everything in order, including the matching lunch bag and water bottle. Not only are they comfortable for kids of all ages, but your little one can also express themselves by choosing from one of their many designs!
Herschel’s Heritage Youth Backpack
- The popular backpack brand Herschel makes a youth version of their signature design in 12 designs and 3 sizes, making it a great option for any kid with an eye for style. With a laptop sleeve, zippered main compartment, and front pocket with a key clip, this bag is just as functional as it is attractive – mom and kid approved!
L.L. Bean’s Junior Original Book Pack
- If durability is your priority when looking for a backpack, look no further than L.L. Bean’s Original Book Pack. You and your siblings probably had one, and there’s a reason they still make them – these things stand the test of time! Made with strong stitching and weatherproof fabrics, this backpack can withstand even the most active kid.
JanSport Cool Student Backpack
- JanSport is another classic backpack company that makes a great bag. The Cool Student is ideal for older kids with lots to carry around, with two large main compartments, multiple front pockets, and a side water bottle pocket.