I’m always looking for snacks I can make that are fast, easy, and not expensive to make. This fits the bill for us. Oyster crackers are inexpensive and easy to find. We can modify this recipe easily by omitting the cinnamon sugar and adding mini chocolate chips while the crackers are warm.
- 1 package of Oyster Crackers
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line the baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or a silicone sheet
- Over medium heat melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add brown sugar to melted butter and stir.
- Stir continuously – and increase heat. The mixture will begin to boil and get lighter in color.
- Keep stirring mixture and remove from heat.
- Quickly pour mixture over crackers. Toss the crackers to make sure all crackers are coated
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Time will depend on your oven as sugar burns easily. Remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl mix cinnamon and sugar. Toss over crackers while they are still warm.
- Allow crackers to cool.
Crackers can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container.